Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Why Damn Fine Words Are Important To Me

I love to write. I have done since I was a young girl. I wrote a poem once about disabled people and sent it off to a magazine and they wrote back thinking I was disabled and saying they would keep it on file because it gave such a strong message about being disabled. It has always been my dream to work for a magazine like National Geographic, traveling and writing of my adventures. Sharing my life through words and maybe inspiring people to start their own adventures, even from the comfort of their own homes. 

For a short time we can all be carried away through words, whether it's in meditation chanting an OM or lying in bed reading that amazing novel you just have to keep turning the pages of, even if your eyes are burning red. Words are so simple by themselves but how you weave them together can create a fabric full of texture and colour, its design evoking different feelings in everyone but nonetheless planting some seed and creating some emotion.  


You know that saying "Everything happens for a reason"? 

Well it was by chance today when I was searching for themes for my website for my online holiday rental business in Studiopress themes that I came across James Chartrand's article on the Men with Pens website about the Damn Fine Words writing course. I read the first few lines and I was hooked but I realised I could not afford the course, I don't even have this month’s rent money.  Life has been harder to get going in Spain than I thought but then I saw the competition and I thought why not.  I know there are lots of us out there vying for the same thing because we understand the importance of writing well in a very competitive market – the internet and that is why I have shared the link with you to the competition that's fair, right? It finishes on the 1 May 2012, so be quick if you want to enter.  

I just know that writing better will be invaluable for my business because it will enable me to write to the people I want to attract for renting and why they should rent through me and it's not just going to be about giving a nice little description of the properties that I have on my books.  How do you convince someone that you really do care about them when they don't even know you?  There are infinite possibilities for my business, which of course will help me be successful but personally, doing this course will enable me to keep on sharing because that is what I love doing the most. And how amazing is that!